In keeping with our vision and mission of providing quality education for young people, Miami-Dade County Council PTA/PTSA goes one step further by assisting qualified students who wish to continue their education beyond high school.
MDCC PTA/PTSA is pleased to offer scholarships to students graduating in the 2020-2021 school year. This is a one-time scholarship which may be used for tuition, textbooks, and other school-related materials, resources, and fees. Students may be pursuing their education at a community college, university or vocational-technical institution.
ELIGIBILITY - To be eligible for a scholarship, an applicant must match ALL of the following criteria:
- Be a graduating senior from a high school having a PTSA in good standing* with Florida PTA and Miami-Dade County Council PTA/PTSA. *Good Standing means County Council dues are paid; Florida PTA Membership dues were paid by March 1st and the local unit bylaws are up to date.
- Have attended a Miami-Dade County Public High School for the last two (2) years.
- Have a minimum high school grade point average of 2.0 weighted or unweighted.
- Have applied as a full-time student in a post-secondary community college, vocational-technical school or a four (4) year college or university.
- Submit all application materials by the deadline date of APRIL 7, 2021.
VALUE OF SCHOLARSHIP – This is a one-time scholarship worth $1,000.00 to be paid in one installment. Scholarship monies may be used for tuition, textbooks, and other school-related expenses.
STEPS IN APPLYING – Selection of the recipients will be determined by the Miami-Dade County Council PTA/PTSA Scholarship Committee. If you experience challenges accessing or completing the application, contact the Scholarship Chair, Sharon Watson, at [email protected]
REQUIREMENTS - Gather the following documents in digital form prior to starting the application:
Provide a transcript of your grades from the M-DCPS Student Portal.
- Provide 1 letter of recommendation from the school staff/faculty member.
- Provide 1 letter of recommendation from a community member.
- Provide an Essay Response in written format.
- Complete the application and upload ALL required documents by the submission deadline.
"How to" instructions:
- Log in to the student portal and click on REPORT CARD BUTTON LINK.
- Click on the COURSE HISTORY tab.
- Click on COURSE HISTORY report of courses. A new window (SAVE AS) will open.
- SAVE the file to your computer.
DEADLINE, WINNER NOTIFICATION, AND AWARDS CEREMONY:
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE - APRIL 7, 2021 (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS NOTIFICATION - MAY 4, 2021
- SCHOLARSHIP PRESENTATION CEREMONY – MAY 18, 2021
LATE APPLICATIONS AND/OR INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL RENDER THE APPLICATION INELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.