In keeping with our vision and mission of providing quality education for young people, Miami-Dade County Council PTA/PTSA goes one step further by assisting qualified students who wish to continue their education beyond high school.
MDCC PTA/PTSA is pleased to offer scholarships to high school students graduating in the 2022-2023 school year. This is a one-time scholarship, based on Financial Need, which may be used for tuition, textbooks, and other school-related materials, resources, and fees. Students may be pursuing their education at a college, university or vocational-technical institution.
ELIGIBILITY - To be eligible for a scholarship, an applicant must match ALL of the following criteria:
- Be a graduating senior from a Miami Dade Public Schools high school, and be a member of a PTA/PTSA in Good Standing* with Florida PTA and Miami-Dade County Council PTA/PTSA. Good Standing means County Council dues are paid; Florida PTA Membership dues were paid by March 1st and the local unit bylaws are up to date. *
- Have attended a Miami-Dade County Public High School for the last two (2) years.
- Have a high school minimum grade point average of 2.5
- Have applied to enroll as a full-time student in a post-secondary college, vocational-technical school or university.
- Submit all application materials by the deadline date of March 31, 2023
VALUE OF SCHOLARSHIP – This is a one-time scholarship worth $1,000.00 to be paid in one installment. Scholarship monies may be used for tuition, textbooks, and other school-related expenses.
STEPS IN APPLYING – Selection of the recipients will be determined by the Miami-Dade County Council PTA/PTSA Scholarship Committee. If you experience challenges accessing or completing the application, contact the Scholarship Chair, Sharon Watson, [email protected]
REQUIREMENTS - Gather the following documents in digital form prior to starting the application:
Provide a transcript of your grades from the M-DCPS Student Portal. "How to" instructions provided in the next section of this application.
- Provide 1 letter of recommendation from the school staff/faculty member at your current school.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a community agency or organization (individual writing the letter of recommendation may not be a family member or relative).
- Provide Essay Responses to both questions in a written format.
- Complete the application and upload ALL required documents by the submission deadline.
"How to" instructions:
- Log in to the student portal and click on REPORT CARD BUTTON LINK.
- Click on the COURSE HISTORY tab.
- Click on COURSE HISTORY report of courses. A new window (SAVE AS) will open.
- SAVE the file to your computer.
DEADLINE, WINNER NOTIFICATION, AND AWARDS CEREMONY:
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE - Deadline Date: April 9, 2023!
- SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS NOTIFICATION - MAY 1, 2023
- SCHOLARSHIP PRESENTATION CEREMONY – May 16, 2023
LATE APPLICATIONS AND/OR INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL RENDER THE APPLICATION INELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.